Wood carvers, turners and archers..... we could use your waste products :-)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Among the crafty minded of us there's a need at present for:

Offcut and shavings from Port Orford cedar arrow shafts.

Brazilwood shavings/ carving debris.

We're happy to pay postage costs and will openly owe you a favour that we'll repay when we can :D

atb,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The Port Orford cedar is for pot pourri but also for those seasonal mug rug things that are filled with stuff that smells good when the hot coffee mug is sat upon them, and for little sachets for linen presses and wardrobes.

The logwood/ Brazilwood is for the folks who're having a go at making their own ink.

Sometimes I think an on-going thread of folks on the look out for useful stuff like this, wouldn't be a bad thing :D

cheers,
M

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Aaanyway.....Toddy would like some smelly shavings. *move along...nothing to see...*

Indeed, sorry Toddy, bit of a thread jack there from two old tuptoners (them two), and one old deincourter (the good looking, witty, intelligent, and above all else, well educated me). It could be a lot worse, 20 years ago we'd have been down the bottom of station road throwing bricks at one another. Oh the memories :)

it's a school thing in case anyone's wondering

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Port orfor cedar isnt a real cedar, it is Lawsons cypress, it originated from Port Orford, on the west coast of america, and mistakenly called cedar.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I thought that you said your reTraining order :rolleyes:

:D

I like threads that ramble a bit :)

What do you win ?...... a Christmas scented mug rug :)....if I get hold of some Port Orford Cedar shavings, that is. it's a lovely woodsy, slightly perfumey pine sort of smell and it's a good basis for cinnamon, cloves and orange peel scents.

atb,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE