Wisport Reindeer/racoon Bergen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Im in the market for a new bergen and these have caught my eye.
But i dont speak Polish and there are no reviews anywhere in English of these bergens.

So im wondering if any of you folks have got one or know of someone who has and could let me know what they are like.

Thanks

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
Failing that there are loads of Polish in Kettering, I'm sure you would be able to get a translation on existing reviews for the cost of a pint. Poland is great for bushcraft, not surprised they have a few companies making outdoor kit now.

MonsterBeetle

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2011
Oxfordshire
Hi,

This is my blog so apologies for the short review but I have now used this pack a number of times and would be happy to answer any questions.

MB

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Lol its too late..........

Ive already jumped in a bought one direct from Wisport in poland.

I got the Reindeer 75L in Multicam and will do a review of it once it arrives and i have had a play.

Now need to sell my other 2 bergens to replenish the Credit card..........SSSHHHHHHHH dont tell the Mrs.....!!!!!!:empty:

MonsterBeetle

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2011
Oxfordshire
I doubt you'll be disappointed.

The only thing that I don't like about the pack is the way the side pouches attach. I'd not seen those type of clips before and they can be a little fiddly to remove and re-attach.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
I had noticed that,
but i want to either have very large Molle pouches there or have my local guy to make and attach some permanent side pouches, that way it will save a little weight and can have my own size and shape.

MonsterBeetle

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2011
Oxfordshire
Fair enough. You can get the larger side pouches direct from their website as well. Only place I've seen that does them seperately. One of my side clips broke and I replaced it with a small carabina. May well remove the rest and do the same.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Thats why im going to get them sewn on, plus it gets rid of the fabric from the back and saves weight (gram weenie!!)
I may also have them extended or even have small pouches sewn on as well to give me some extra pouches.
I just hope its big enough for my kit at the moment........
Is the main pouch 75L or just 55??

MonsterBeetle

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2011
Oxfordshire
Each to their own I guess. I like the fact they can be removed/re-attached as it increases the usability of the pack. The pack is 75l with the side pouches. 40l without.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
40L.........thought the side pouches were only 9L????
I really hope its not that small or im screwed!!!!

Im also having a read of your Blog, its very good and would love to do Snowdon camping sometime.

MonsterBeetle

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2011
Oxfordshire
Actually I think the main pack is 45l minus the side pouches. I've had a look around, including Wisports own website after translating it, and I can't find any info on the actual size of the pouches so it's a bit of an estimate. Still, I can get my tarp, ground sheet, inflatable mat, cordage, and pillow in one and cookset (with spare space) in the other. I know everyone carries their own pack size of differing weights as it's such a personal thing but for me it's spot on as a winter pack. I don't mind carrying some weight so 18kg for me is fine to haul all day long. Come summer that would drop down to 12kg or so and I can then remove the side pouches.

Thanks. I don't update it as much as I'd like but I try and keep it at least slightly up to date.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Well i will just have to get it adjusted if needs be,
Its too late now as i have just sold my Saracen and already paid for the Reindeer.

Hope it works out ok for once.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE