Windfall (sic) Kindling

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
For anyone dealing with the aftermath of Arwen (after clearing the widow-makers):

AM-JKLXr0P4znQ-Gz547Z1F8j0BmbYy5b6zmtfwho6prTpVV_AeHIpY4ApD1f00-cUT5m3TQLJNRZGcWJX6QEtxhB_I2e0fG_9XAfqihKdhT7cTQBkhQOaW-sJFZLTJJCIUY9xLs2SBzrBMapOHo9huFviZR=w1788-h1328-no

I thought that this was already a thing. Not taping underpants to the shoulder of an old felling axe, but supporting the blade upright to make it easier to injure yourself if you fall?

Used with a mallet/baton, it's been the most practical way I've found* to split large amounts of kindling. "Practical" here can be construed as meaning cheap... as well as relatively quick, portable, ergonomic, carbon-neutral and injury-averse.

The 'guards' are for show: I made this version after a friend opined that the original (a simple slot in a log from the woodpile) looked even more iffy than this one.

*Personal opinion. I'm aware that there are several other methods for splitting wood.

Last edited:
Reactions: crosslandkelly

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE