wind up radio request!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I currently use a cheap tiny eurohike £6 job for camping but although it works fine when staying at "proper" campsites when I go off into the hills I find it hard to get it tuned in to anything.

I have been wondering about investing in a better one such as one of the Trevor Baylis ones. I think they are under the brand name FREEPLAY.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Freeplay-EyeM...nics_PortableAudio_Radios&hash=item2a0cd1ecfb

Whats your advice guys?

Last edited:

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I have heard some very good stuff on the Trevor Bayliss stuff, and thankfully the price has come down since I first saw them over a decade ago, as they say, you get what you pay for, buy cheap, buy twice, hopefully you will get a great piece of kit this time around.

Go for it :)

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I currently use a cheap tiny eurohike £6 job for camping but although it works fine when staying at "proper" campsites when I go off into the hills I find it hard to get it tuned in to anything.

Sony do or did a wind up radio we have one in our earthquake kit here and it's pretty good it has a built in torch also.

Sony ICFB01D is the model... Having said that you might find a length of lightweight wire clipped to the antenna with a crocodile clip does wonders for your reception with the Eurohike as you have a physically longer antenna. Cost for this is cheaper than a new radio.

Also I guess if you're somewhere where reception is poor or non existant than it'll be poor or non existant for a better quality of radio also.

[h=1][/h]

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Although the reception is a big part of it, i would rather upgrade to a bettet quality radio that i can rely on. Bigger speaker an option of solar charging makes more sense to me rather than just the wind up that my current one has

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE