Willow

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
I had a much on the inner bark of some willow this morning, very moorish. Are they all pain killers as I note differing "strengths" of bitterness or is it just White Willow that works?

I thought that my random "tastings" definitely worked.

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
I will be hunting that one down in the morning Toddy, tonights hangover is going to be massive.:lmao:

Must get my ID of goat willow down to a tee, thanks.:D

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
I had a weird experience this morning, I'm not sure what really happened. I had a good day at the races yesterday and had a few beers and was early to bed, this morning when out with the dogs I was "testing" different willows by eating nettle tips and seeing which willow got rid of the stinging sensations the best.:).

I dont quite know how to describe the next bit, the only way I can try to explain it that the Willow tree decided to show me something. I have been messing about round this place for over 30 years, walking round the paths several times a week (sometimes several times a day) . Today I was taken on a tour of a couple of the very old willows, one tree had several Burls a foot across on branches that are barely an inch and a half across. I walk within 100 feet of this tree all the time and haven't noticed anything before, they were quite amazing. Next I went backwards from there, against the usual direction of that walk ,to a tree which was very old. As I wandered beneath the outstreched branches I began to feel "conected" to the tree in an odd kind of way, it was quite a strange feeling. Almost at one with it, if that makes any sense. It was the most relaxing tranquil feeling of at oneness with nature that I have ever experienced.

Very strange.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
You lucky so and so!
That is the kind of thing that only happens to me on a rare occasssion - and it feels realy good eh?:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE