Willow spoony thing

KenThis

Settler
Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I really like this!
I'm a big fan of unusual reinvention but still functional design and this really works for me.
I also love the simplicity, I'm not sure why but it reminds me of Japanese or Bauhaus style.
I hope you don't mind but I'm definitely going to make something similar for myself, maybe even two, a spoon and a matching spork.
Thanks for sharing.

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Interesting style. Somehow, it doesn't come to mind as a concept/design that's as diverse to explore as your previous body of work.
Show us your forks. Can they be matched to your spoons?

Hunkyfunkster

Mar 2, 2015
Loch Lomond
That's a rather fine example of that style, but they don't have the same appeal I don't think.
From a carvers point of view, how enjoyable was the experience compared to others?

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I really like this!
I'm a big fan of unusual reinvention but still functional design and this really works for me.
I also love the simplicity, I'm not sure why but it reminds me of Japanese or Bauhaus style.
I hope you don't mind but I'm definitely going to make something similar for myself, maybe even two, a spoon and a matching spork.
Thanks for sharing.

Fill yer boots, not my design by any means, lots of them have been showing up on various groups and pages so, like you, i just fancied having a go at one, probably wont make another now that ive got it out of my system

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
That's a rather fine example of that style, but they don't have the same appeal I don't think.
From a carvers point of view, how enjoyable was the experience compared to others?

Know what you mean, i prefer my normal style of spon tbh, the carving experience on this one was, well different, some of it is down to my current lack of dexterity as being a tapered form, i couldn't hold it properly, what i did like though was the ability to make long, fine sweeping cuts which i find so satisfying on any project.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Hmmm. Tidily done, but none of the appeal of your others.

Y'know ? if the end was pointed off and the scoop taken back a bit, it'd make a good fid :D

M

Totally agree with it not having the same appeal, im thinking of hollowing out the entire upper surface, spoon one end, Fid the other :D

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
That reminds me of baby spoons, I don't know why as baby spoons don't really look anything like that.

Maybe a miniature ice cream scoop, but again they don't look like that either!

It even reminds me of the robot eva from the wall-e flim. I'm not sure what's wrong with me today!

Reactions: Kepis

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Totally agree with it not having the same appeal, im thinking of hollowing out the entire upper surface, spoon one end, Fid the other :D

How about tinkering with it a little more, and making it the right sizes for 'cup' measures ? So, maybe a tablespoon size at one end and a half cup at the other ? ...doesn't need to be cup shaped, just a right sized scoop shape.
I'm Scottish/British, and I weigh ingredients, and a cup measurement in my old cookbooks is a teacup, a china teacup I mean, but it's not so practical when out and about. Loads of recipes now for 'cup' measurements though....from bannock to dried meal ingredients.....and who carries a measuring cup around with them ? but a sort of spoon thing, that might work :)

Reactions: Kepis

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE