Wild Camping

Mar 30, 2012
Wales
Hi everyone, got some time off this weekend and wanted to head South to Pembrokeshire for some wild camping, try somewhere new. The problem is that I'm not to often in that part of Wales, I live near Cardigan in Ceredigion, and I wondered if any of you knew of any sites or areas that would be suitable.

Regards all.
And thanks for any replies in advance :)

david1

Nomad
Mar 3, 2006
sussex
wild camping in the uk is camping on someone else ground there is very little unowned land. you have your national parks and trails that anyone can camp on... so we need to sneak away and hope nobody notices :)

woodsrunner

Forager
May 13, 2013
Montana USA
wild camping in the uk is camping on someone else ground there is very little unowned land. you have your national parks and trails that anyone can camp on... so we need to sneak away and hope nobody notices :)
thanks david1...sounds like fun...never done it myself, but they call it stealth camping in the eastern states around the big citys...woods

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
"Wild camping" these days in the UK is taken to mean camping illegally on someone elses land without permission and is not something that this site condones or encourages..

once upon a time, "wild camping" meant exactly what it says - camping in the wild, as opposed to on a managed campsite. These days it seems to be exclusively linked to illegal activity:rolleyes:

Mar 30, 2012
Wales
Hi guys, wild camping isn't always linked with illegal activity in the UK. In Wales especially there are vast swathes of unused, scrub or common land that don't fall under trespass laws. These areas are usually mountainous or otherwise inaccessible by vehicle. Furthermore getting permission of a local authority, in my experience, to stay a couple of nights in a National Park or sight of special scientific interest can be really quite easy (with conditions like no fire). Look into it if you seriously practice bushcraft, its a good yet peaceful way to sharpen your skills.

All the best guys :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE