Wild Camping West Midlands

L

lg187

Hello guys, in anticipation of a wild camping trip in the Lake District I'm planning to wild camp locally a week or so before to test out some of my new gear, I live in Coventry and was planning to go stay in Arley Woods for a night. I've never camped locally and I'm just wondering if anyone has done any wild camping there? Or knows somewhere close that would be more suitable. Thanks.

udamiano

On a new journey
lg187. Im sorry to say that there are no places in the Coventry area where you could overnight camp legally without permission of the landowner. As Seoras has commented you would be far better attending one of the many local Midlands meets, all of which are very close to Coventry. And can be found in the meet-ups section of the forum under England-Mid

A lot of the woods in the Area now get visited during the evening by wardens or keeper, in an effort to curb damage done by irresponsible individuals who start fires and leave loads of mess, Im not saying you would come into that category, but you will be tarred with that same brush if found by a warden or gamekeeper, as they have been told to take a tough stance on this issue.
I hope this helps

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
lg187.
A lot of the woods in the Area now get visited during the evening by wardens or keeper, in an effort to curb damage done by irresponsible individuals who start fires and leave loads of mess,

I have not infrequently gone walking in Coombe Abbey Woods in the early hours of the morning, and that with the hotel within a stones throw, and never met anybody at all. Other woods on the other side of town however and you'd be more likely to run into doggers than anything else.

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
i was over there the other day giving my hammock a test hang in the day. im not jokingbtge biggest mossies i have ever seen! my legs are still recovering. i must have got 20 bites in 15 mins. huge!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE