Wild camping in the midlands?

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
cant remember the name of it but on the other side of the road to the big army surplus vehicle place and up a mile or so there is some fantastic woodland. if I remember I'll post more details.

also the other side of derby off the A38 theres a big scout site up on the hill.

Jus_like_that

Forager
Apr 9, 2008
burton
www.jltknives.co.uk
cheers Crazydave! would that one near the surplus place be fradley wood?

Thanks Bernie, i'm in ticknall tomorrow, so might persuade the Missus to take a detour through to the wood, Checked it on a O/S map and it seems to join another wood (stanton i think).

Thanks for all your help! Keep 'em comin!

Adam

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
cheers Crazydave! would that one near the surplus place be fradley wood?

Thanks Bernie, i'm in ticknall tomorrow, so might persuade the Missus to take a detour through to the wood, Checked it on a O/S map and it seems to join another wood (stanton i think).

Thanks for all your help! Keep 'em comin!

Adam[/QUOTE

The best way to access Robin Wood is when you drive through Ticknal northbound on the derby swarkstone road,as you come out the village you go up a hill ,when you get to the top carry on for about 500 yds then on your left there is a pull in,with a locked barrier,follow the track and it takes you to the main entrance,hope it helps

Bernie

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Also forgot to mention where you park up on the left, on the opposite side of the road is a underground mod nuclear fall out bunker,it was up for sale some years ago but no one purchased it,you can see the vents for the air supply,and the entrance hatch if you have a look round,also if you venture of track a bit in the wood theres a good chance of spotting some fallow deer,as it supports two decent size herds,on the far side as well there is a massive badger set which is mentioned in the doomsday book

Cheers Bernie

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Nice one bernie! i know where you mean. can't wait to go do a bit of carving, peace and quiet! Thanks for your help!

Adam

Get off the beaten track though,and its not bad in the week,but come the weekend you'll get run over by mountain bikes,i know all that area like the back of my hand,and round caulk abbey,if you need any more info on the area pm me and i'll give you my phone no,glad its helped

bernie

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE