Wild camping Bennachie

Benjibux

Mar 21, 2012
Inverurie
Hi there,

I plan to go out for a night in or around Bennachie. I was just wondering if anyone has any information on whether I'm free to camp pretty much anywhere around the area?

Also, do I need a fishing permit for these regions. I'm real new to fishing and still trying to get my head around this. I think I already know the answer to it to be honest.

Thank you :)

mercurykev

Forager
Sep 6, 2011
Musselburgh
I was up Bennachie at the weekend and spotted a few nice spots where you could camp out, mainly in the wooded areas just below the open moorland. I started out from the Rowan Tree car park and took the path up to the Mither Tap.

With regard to fishing, you will need a permit, especially in the River Don.

Benjibux

Mar 21, 2012
Inverurie
Okay great thanks.

Yeah I think your right about the fishing permits. Looks like they are quite pricey too. Think i'll allow the fish of the river Don to survive (this time!).

Thank you

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
there's a few signs on the trails running from the visitor center asking campers to pitch up near the maidenstone car park but they are only requests.
haven't been up there for a while but from memory the forest to the west of mither tap has some nice mature spots. failing that you can pitch up on my old mans lawn in bograxie :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE