Who would you??

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Ok! May have been done before, but!

You have to pick 4 members of BCUK, that you have never met before, and spend a weekend, bushcrafting/wildcamping with them, who would you choose and where would your ideal site be, and if you can be bothered why?

I will add mine, later he he!

Ivan...

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Wulf, Chiseler,Tat2Trev and Dreadhead. I could say more but four limit.
Merthyr Mawr.
All seem interesting, entertaining and good blokes.
Merthyr Mawr is a great spot and fairly central.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Very hard choice to make.
I too would pick far more than 4.

I'd say British Red, John Fenna, Cedrikg and Elen Sentier.
They all seem genuinly nice and sincere people with good knowledge.

And the location is easy: Canada or Scandinavia

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Hmmm tricky one.

I'd say Toddy, British Red, Robin Wood and Rich59.
Between them they cover the breadth and depth of all the likely things that interest me.

Location doesn't matter.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh, awkward, I've met so many of the folks on here.

Tom Bear, Robin Wood, British Red and Biker come to mind as four that I know but haven't ever met though.

No offence to anyone I've missed out; this is hard :eek:

Mary

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
I would go with British red, Dreadhead, John Fenna and Biker. As for where then probably anywhere but somewhere on the north coast of Scotland might be good but not at the moment, maybe when it warms up a bit!
Colin

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
For me it would be Santaman2000 for the quality of his conversation...........I think we could have some very interesting indepth discussions.
bushwhacker for his anti-kit stance, detached attitude to bushcrafting, his humour & interest for native wildlife.
rg598 'cause the dude knows so much & has an easy & interesting way of sharing his knowledge & experiences.
I'm undecided about the fourth....:rolleyes:

Where ? somewhere neutral not too hot......

Prehaps the 4 members we'd least like to spend some time with might be more interesting though, especially the reasons why :D

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
mine would be crosslandkelly dreadhead dave and fat bob they all cool blokes very helpful and i know at least two of them have tattoos and i'm dam sure i could learn a thing or two from all. and to camp somewhere local to us all

Last edited:

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oh lord! This is hard, specially as I've met so few of you. Hmmm ... John Fenna for lots of crafty stuff, Kepis for spoon carving, Dougster for stalking and gralloching, TurboGirl because she seems amazing and eco and all that. And the meet to be somewhere in Sutherland, like Asynt, Meadow of Stags. But there are masses more of you I want to meet so my list could go on and on :). And I've been quite definite about skill help I'd like to have :)

PS - and I want Plastic Ninja for bread making too ... Oh dear, I'd better get off this post!

behind every creative woman there's usually a very talented cat ...

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Haha! As I read the OP A few came to mind right away.
JD - I've only spoken to the man on the phone, but I like the cut of his jib.
BTW - Pretty much reading off the same hymn sheet. Calls a spade a spade.
RikUK - A cantankerous old bugger, dry as a biscuit and not scared to say what he thinks.
21st CenturyPict - I like his thoroughness and meticulous attention to detail.

Then we can sit around the campfire, carve a ouija board into a tree stump and contact the spirit of Southey. May the Green Man rest his soul.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...You have to pick 4 members of BCUK, that you have never met before, and spend a weekend, bushcrafting/wildcamping with them, who would you choose and where would your ideal site be, and if you can be bothered why?.."

Can I make it four separate trips? And do we have to do the Bushcrafting/Wildcamping thing?

I'd like to get some photography tips from Wayland.
I'd like to have a look around British Red's smallholding.
I'd like to get some help with my 'wool work' from Toddy.
And I'd get some canoeing in with Scots_Charles_River.

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE