Who said a khukri was only good for chopping?!

Ha! Ha! - loved it!

It goes to show that we all get a little anal about knife design (I'm a big culprit) - I love my Nessie because I'm no carver and it's excellent for skinning and food prep... but ... this video shows - so long as the blade is as sharp as you can get it - then anything is possible!

Fin

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
In Central South America a long time ago, I sat and watched an elderly man make a beautiful, intricate, delicate and immensely strong cage for a parakeet my mate had bought. The man used a 14 inch bladed Machete and a pile of bamboo canes. When he got to cutting tiny delicate strips of bamboo to make the hinges for the little door, I pulled my 'Green River' Seaman's knife and offered it to him but he simply smiled and shook his head. A work of art, and when we made him a cup of coffee and a sandwich, he cut the sandwich up..with the machete.:D :D

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Cor! If I ever find myself surrounded by threatening rolls of matting, attacked by descending lengths of polypropolene rope or bushwacked by hanging joints of meat, I know which blade I would choose, so there...:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
I love my Nepalese Khukris. I find the Cold Steel vids a little ridiculous. They have to do all the extra puffing & panting because their weapons are not constucted as well as the originals that evolved over 100 s of years.

Can you imagine what he dreams of at night? Being attacked by tatami mats and cardboard figures with the occasional rope..:lmao::lmao: And should he ever meet a violent 2 by 4...

Just my 2.5 p.
Atb
G

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
:) Hello Mate. Still in the marina but hoping to sail this Saturday weather permitting. I've only just started trying to get my fitness back to what it was before that bleedin' microbe attacked me..:A 2 mile run and the old boys knackered!! :crutch:..:D A few days yet so no panic, and just a short hop down to Gibraltar to start with, and then into the Med. ..:)

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
There's a lot said about the Cold Steel President and his marketing video's, some of the funniest is over on BF, and not for the faint of heart...
happy0054.gif

Try to avoid the video's where he wears skin tight spandex pants throughout the presentation, as what has been seen, cannot be unseen! :eek:

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
there's a lot said about the cold steel president and his marketing video's, some of the funniest is over on bf, and not for the faint of heart...
happy0054.gif

try to avoid the video's where he wears skin tight spandex pants throughout the presentation, as what has been seen, cannot be unseen! :eek:

lmao! ..........

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
The Kukhuri is a versatile tool. I did some time with a Ghurka company and was impressed by their skill with the blade. I got given one and couldn't get on with the geometry of the blade so returned it... Horses for courses I suppose but some really love them and they're an awesome bit of kit

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
That is one sharp Khukri!

And a very skilled user! Does he hail from Nepal perchance?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Meh, I remember someone telling me at the first northern England meet (the infamous mud meet organised by wayland) that Khukris couldn't be used for carving.
I took mine up and whittled a couple of spoons just to prove I could.
I've done netting needles too.
If you're familiar with a tool, you can use it far in excess of it's expected utility.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I'll have everyone know that I'm not fat - I'm just giving myself a couple of months head-start on calorie-deficit in a survival situation............

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE