Which way round should the balls be

feralpig

Forager
Aug 6, 2013
Mid Wales
Is it one of those thin wire ones with balls on the end of the wire?
They are a bit of a pest to wear, constantly slipping off and getting caught in everything, and to be honest, i think they are a bit of a rip off.
Mine is about an inch wide, made out of a piece of copper pipe. Lot better job. The best one I've made, and has been on my wrist for years. I'd never go and buy one.
One would think thinner is better, but after having about 5 or 6, it seems the other way. A wider one sits on the wrist better.
I've got the ends on the inside of my wrist. Just what suits me, I guess.
Don't worry what the experts say, if it works, it works. It must be awfully embarrassing for a multi million pound drug company to see a virtually free copper bracelet having the same effect as their expensive drugs.
I know it used to wind the quacks up something terrible that it worked for my Grandmother.
With a bit of luck, I don't have arthritis, but if I somehow don't wear the bracelet, I feel quite odd within 24 hours.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Thanks for your replies

Yes, the one I have is quite thin (no magnets) with round balls at the ends.
I know my Grandad swore by his, it was pure copper, probably a good 1/2 inch wide and thick and heavy, and with no magnets.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Take care that you don't sensitize yourself to copper. My daughter has some copper jewelry, she was fine wearing it for about 8months, then started getting pimply rashes where it contacted her skin, which was turning green. Now she can't have anything made of copper against her skin for more than an hour or so without getting a reaction.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I do get a green stain (have used it for around 6 months or so), but have had no rash or anything like that, but thanks for the warning:)

feralpig

Forager
Aug 6, 2013
Mid Wales
That's unfortunate about getting the pimples. The green stain is interesting.
When I am ill, or under pressure, not sleeping much, and over working, or things start going wrong, I get the green stain. Sometimes it is really thick, and nigh on impossible to wash off.
When I'm happy, well rested, eating right, it doesn't happen.

Mr Dazzler, try and find an old piece of imperial size copper water pipe. The copper is much thicker than the new stuff. It does take a lot of cleaning up to get it to really shine, but it's worth the effort.
There is nothing like a highly polished piece of copper on your arm, glinting in the sunlight.
Attracts the chicks too............

feralpig

Forager
Aug 6, 2013
Mid Wales
It's reacting with your body sweat. You sweat more in all of these situations.

True, but it's not just the sweat, it's my frame of mind. I can sweat like a pig. If I feel good, I don't turn green. If I feel bad, I turn green if I'm sweating or not. (Turn green under the band, it's not like I turn into the incredible hulk or anything.......)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE