Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
LOL - it's most definately for tying... basha guy lines to be exact ;)

I got some from woodlore ages ago for that task and i'm after some more on a reel... Angus Og has pointed me at some 1.5mm stuff that I'm going to give a try too.

Cheers,

Joe

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Needlesports sell 2mm accessory cord by the metre, but not a reel as such. It might be worth contacting them for a price for a reel though?

Can I ask where the source of 1.5mm cord was because I was after some smaller stuff for light lanyards?

Cheers.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Don't you need to have a trade account to use English Braids? I was looking at their site last week and couldn't work out how you would order from them unless you set up an account.

The problem is that you want olive. If you wanted something with a bit more visibility it would be easier. I was looking at this stuff:
http://www.cleats.co.uk/home/details.asp?id=12
Also looking at the performance dingy lines at www.ropeloft.co.uk

The Outdoor Shop in Stoney Stratford lists Beal 2mm Accessory cord, but I am a little leary of buying accessory cord without knowing what type of fibre they have used. I bought some Roca cord from The Complete Outdoors (currently they too have 2mm) but it seemed to have a lot of stretch. I think some cord is nylon and some is polyester with the polyester having less stretch, which is what I want. With the sailing folks, stretch is important and they aim to minimise it.

I have some Dynema 1.8mm line from Pointnorth, but have yet to fit it to anything, so don't know how it works. I have read that the polyester sheath on such cords can be prone to slipage on the smooth Dynema core, but whether that is only an issue for climbers, or if it might happen on guy lines is something I will have to find out.

Best of luck

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Cheers so far! I have found a source of 1.5mm that's good for 45Kg that i'm going to check out this evening... if it's up to the job i'll post a link... if it's going to fray and be all rubbish, I won't bother.

Cheers,

Joe

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I'll be interested to see what you find Joe as I'm thinking of changing my corner/side basha lines to some brighter colours.....

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Well, I stopped by the shop on the way home with 6 x 5 metre lengths of 1.5mm cord @10p per metre.

I have had a little play with it... general manipulating and knot tieing and it seems to have identical properties to regular proper paracord but half the size.

I'm fairly impressed anyway... rated at 45Kg, it should be more than ample to hold the corners and centre of my new big light weight tarp :D

I got it from here: http://www.nomadtravel.co.uk/catalog/search?search=paracord

they sell it in Olive Green, White and Black

Cheers,

Joe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE