Where to buy Bio ethanol fuel.

Sep 18, 2013
Dunstable
Can anyone help me locate this stuff please in or around Bedfordshire, tried B and Q after reading on another forum that this is where members get it, but each place i ring i am told that they don't have it.

Thanks

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I don't know if there's a Millets (Blacks) near you, but I got a 5L container of bio-ethanol in our local one yesterday for £9.99.......about as cheap as it gets, methinks :)

Sep 18, 2013
Dunstable
Thanks guys, i am using Trangia 25, I don't need to carry into the outdoor nowadays as i am in my sixties and had few minor strokes, so not much Hiking lol. What i do do though even in my home try as much as i can to be off Grid whilst cooking and boiling water, kettle uses a lot of electric, and i am very concerned with these energy companies making so much money from, not only the old and the sick, but all in general.
Anyway at moment i am using Methylated spirits (clear stuff) dont know if its any different to the purple, i am cooking indoors with the Trangia on top of my electric hob and fancy giving Bio ethanol a go, see if it works out any cheaper, i am paying £2 per 500ml for the meths.
Thanks for your help.

Jim

Rich D

Forager
Jan 2, 2014
Nottingham
it's reckoned that a full kettle costs about 2.5p to use on average in electricity. That's quite a lot of biofuel/meths might be a false economy.
Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE