What to do with a pigs head

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Or you could stick it on a stake in a woodland clearing and worship it as the Lord of the Flies!
It seemed a good idea in the book.....:D

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Or you could stick it on a stake in a woodland clearing and worship it as the Lord of the Flies!
It seemed a good idea in the book.....:D

A very effective 'no trespassing' sign no doubt, especially if you give it some earings, makeup and a wig.

"Oh my god, look what they did to her, I'm not going in there!"

Brawn as its called in the UK, me and dad used to make it.

http://community.rivercottage.net/u...ssing-and-other-crafts/viewtopic/topic_id:803 looks a basic recipe but you get the idea.

Thanks for the original comments guys.....love it !!!

rik_uk3.......I love brawn and also used to make it. This time I tried something different. Have a butchers at the photo. If you want to see other pics of the process click on link to my first post. (don't do this if your squeemish)

th_P1010002.jpg

Regards Terry (C.F)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
In some classic French stew recipe's you will see pigs trotters added to stew. This gives flavour and glaze to the stock but also 'sets' the stew when its cold and allows you to slice it and eat cold the next day with salad.

Me and dad also used to make 'pressed Chicken' in a bowl, something you don't see these days.

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
My father used to make his own brawn, and the brawn bought in the shops now is nothing like the home made thing. I also like bath chaps when i can get hold of them, but only seem to be able to get hold of them in one butchers now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE