What a week Iv had

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Myself and a couple of friends did 2 nights in the woods last weekend 1/12 to the 3/12.
It was good fun as there was a mix of cold icing weather and heavy rain, so we decided to ground dwell and set up in a way that we could share the fire and keep warm and dry in our artic sleeping bags with gortex bivi's over them,

ahasagug.jpg

u6a9umyv.jpg
usahygyn.jpg

Here's me trying look like the boogy man in the dark
ahy8ejer.jpg

Here's Tom giving his thumbs up
uheza6u4.jpg

Here's Mike doing jaz hands
6uzubagy.jpg

We set out with a few basic projects in mind..
I wanted to strip a load of nettle fibres to dry and making cordage at home, I also collected spruce roots to make a fish hook and make a natural snare and finally I wanted to replace my modem tent pegs with wooden ones :)
a8yju3e4.jpg
abyqubyp.jpg

Mike made a Xmas wreath
yvahe7ed.jpg

All and all a nice winter camp out :)

On the 5/12 it was my 30th birthday and my wife took me to the Harry potter studios,
qe4ehery.jpg
epesuvuh.jpg

Good fun I got to taste butter beer which tasted like cream soda and iron brew mixed.

On the 6/12 my wife also had another surprise for me, we had a little drive to Sussex for a bit of glamping, we staid in a yurt near the woods and did a bit of out door cooking.
ydyga4aj.jpg
9a4y8a2e.jpg
ygaru4e8.jpg
he3y5e4a.jpg
je8amy8a.jpg
esemute7.jpg
y6upyzam.jpg
u2ututan.jpg
a4eqy4en.jpg
magical ;)

Here's the loo
ha3ahare.jpg

I wasn't a fan of this rule :(
u6uga8uq.jpg

I got back this morning and I'm beat, great week hope you all liked ;)

Mb

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
The woods are near a yard where my wife keeps her horses, so we where lazy and borrowed her wheelbarrow to take a jerry can of water and to fetch a load of fire wood, to save time and chores so we could practice other skills. As for the toilet rules you had to wee sitting as there was two compartment in the toilet one where the wee went and a big whole for poo, the owners didn't like it to mix 😕

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great pics, that's a well hidden setup you chaps have, I'd not want to wonder too far for fear of not finding it again :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE