We've had teapots how about Waffle irons

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
A couple of years ago I was the only one to bid on a cast iron waffle iron from an E-bay seller, in London, and so won it for the opening bid of 1p. I e-mailed them and offered £5 as it was obviously worth more than 1p. but they replied that to keep to the spirit of auctions they only wanted the 1p. but thanks for the offer. It arrived and I cut an old steamer pan to fit a Go-gas stove.
1a-2.jpg

Iron heating up before batter pour.
2-2.jpg

After a couple of minutes cooking flip to cook the other side. This is the reason for the tall pot support , waffle iron rotates and stove is easy in - out.
3flip.jpg

Checking if it's cooked.
4-2.jpg

It's Maple syrup time :D
5done.jpg

cheers all Danny

D

dboles

A cast iron thing of beayty My waffle iron runs on electricity havent found an extension cable long enough to allow me to take it on an outing,so I will not post a picture of it.
Thanks
Dan'l

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
How do you make waffle mix?

Am I being a bit dim or is it just thick pancake mix?

crusherblackboard.jpg

:joke:

Google Results 1 - 10 of about 978,000 for waffle recipe. (0.07 seconds)

Or if you wanted to know what I use ?

Betty Crocker "Bisquick" all purpose backing mix perfect for Pancackes, Scones and more

cheers Danny

Last edited:

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
I have one.

Tried it once with potato cakes, burnt on and wasnt very easy to clean...

Hi Tengu it was a bit rusty when it arrived so I wire wooled it up then gave it several heat cool cycles in the oven using Lard untill it had a shiny black non stick finish. I oil it before each bake usually with Olive oil and have had no problems with it sticking though I've not tried a potato cake mix.
cheers Danny

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE