West Highland Way

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

inthewids

Nomad
Aug 12, 2008
Morayshire
I will hopefully be partaking in the West Highland Way in the easter holidays. Has anybody else done it? How long did it take you etc? Will be aiming for 5-6 days, training at the moment for it, doind the dava way next week, cant wait to get away :) will be wild camping it with a tarp and bivi and B&Bing the last night i think. Views, photos etc greatly appreciated.

numpty

Feb 7, 2009
mansfield
my dad did it a few years ago . exspect the worst weather . he did it easter and got rain snow highwinds and fantastic glorious sunshine . If i remeber right he took 7days but he was in no hurry . I'll have a word with him find out more .

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Some info on this thread that may be useful...

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27346

The originator of the thread wanted some gear advice, pretty much everyone suggested that he was planning to carry too much, I think he probably did end up attempting to walk with more gear than he needed, he injured his ankle, didn't complete the walk and has never posted on this forum again.

Carry less, enjoy the walk more :D

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Can't believe he turned back after all that, unless his ankle was really, really bad, I had a headache when my mate and I walked the Lakes one winter.
icon9.gif

inthewids

Nomad
Aug 12, 2008
Morayshire
Thanks for the advice, believe me i will be taking the bare minimum, my friend is taking a tent, see if he ditches it by day two, just read the other guys kit list etc, his blog has gone :( i will be taking about half what he took!! Will get most foods along the way, might stay at a campsite half way for a shower but the rest just rough it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE