weight and contents for B.O.B

eastr

Oct 29, 2006
spencer
Hello all new here for putting up post been reading for awhile and have a question about the B.O.B what is a good wait as well as internal componets?Mine weights about 24#s has a hattceh ,saw, rat5 ,afew highend spydercos ,and 3 mora's high carbon ,stainless, and mora 2000. Along with a large magnifi glass and a magnesum starter. fair amount of rope and the john loffty wishman sas survivle giuld. and 2 sharpeners.and of course a compass i carry this bag every where i travel it aways stays in the car im in . Thanks for any advice :beerchug:

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
eastr said:
Hello all new here for putting up post been reading for awhile and have a question about the B.O.B what is a good wait as well as internal componets?Mine weights about 24#s has a hattceh ,saw, rat5 ,afew highend spydercos ,and 3 mora's high carbon ,stainless, and mora 2000. Along with a large magnifi glass and a magnesum starter. fair amount of rope and the john loffty wishman sas survivle giuld. and 2 sharpeners.and of course a compass i carry this bag every where i travel it aways stays in the car im in . Thanks for any advice :beerchug:

I would add a knife or 2, just to be sure ;)

(I assume you want to use this kit in case of car breakdown / stuck in bad wheather, etc. and not in case of a society collapse and you need to save your hide and make it to the woods ...).

First question you need to ask yourself: do I really need it? What's the chance I need it (it's useless if you only drive in big cities / suburbs)?
Weight: keep it as low as possible. Maybe something to cook in (or -and better- more "no cooking needed" food like chocolate etc), matches / lighter, sleeping bag, flash light, first aid kit, in winter maybe a good quality thermosflask with coffee / hot chocolate (obviously prepared just before you leave) or -and better- hot water: less cost and you can use it to prepare a meal / hot drink from your kit, etc.

:beerchug:

EDIT:
Stuart is absolutely right about Ludlowsurvivors!
My wish for 2007 is to type faster and get less distracted by other BCUK pages that I'm watching at the same time ... :rolleyes:

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Stuart said:
B.O.B's are more accociated with survivalisum than Bushcraft

prehapes the guys at ludlow survivors would be better placed to answer your question

Thanks again for the link Stuart, I am sure we can help, and a lot more accessible than some other forums...We are also a very friendly site, just as this one is, We are also very family orientated and suitable for all ages to come in and have a browse around, we are not everyones "cup of tea" but have a vast amount of information on preparedness in the UK and abroad.

Again THANK YOU Stuart.:beerchug:

LS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE