Wanted

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Cheers for the link, It,s to expensive for me, I was looking for something a bit cheaper, as an introduction to archery.

andywinkk

Nov 12, 2007
wigan
www.garmentsdirectltd.co.uk
Hi barney why dont you make one, you would be suprised what you can make a bow out of, i made one out of lallandi might be spelled wrong though, works really good and seems powerfull, i also made one from a privite when i was a kid i used to fire arrows about 200 yards with it

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Hello mate, nice to here from you. I have been thinking along the same line myself. I always end up making one for the lad when we camp it, its not such a leap to make a big boys one is it:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I used to use Ash, there's always plenty of young ones about and they choke each other out of the light. I made ones for the boys out of hazel when they were little.
I hadn't thought of the leylandii, it makes good firebows though :D

cheers,
Toddy

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
I have seen a couple of mountain ash, they are about three inch round and perfectly straight, I don't like the idea of just chopping one down though.:eek:

andywinkk

Nov 12, 2007
wigan
www.garmentsdirectltd.co.uk
I used to use Ash, there's always plenty of young ones about and they choke each other out of the light. I made ones for the boys out of hazel when they were little.
I hadn't thought of the leylandii, it makes good firebows though :D

cheers,
Toddy

i made one at the viking meet mary just before we went home ita a cracker

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I suppose it's context again.
I was helping the local countryside ranger clear out an area where young oak trees were being suffocated by faster growing young ash, so the ash were being removed anyway.
Around here they seed prolifically, in fact I have three in my garden that I didn't weed out last year and are now three feet high :rolleyes: They 'have' to come out this time round.

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE