Wanted-classic fire set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
* EDIT* JUST A BOW DRILL SET......thanks John!
I am in need of a "flint and steel" set and or a bow drill set-this doesn't need to be a ceremonial one or anything, just one you made from the garden is fine!! I am giving a presentation on fire making and I have all areas covered other than these two and there is no where round here for me to collect materials!! PLEASE HELP!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Wilderbeest, for the steel part of a flint and steel set you can always use a hacksaw blade.

It's amazing how much the sparks they can produce. I saw Mors Kochanski using one and it was watching a mini sparkler the way he was cranking the strikes out. The blades he was using were bought from a £ shop so no real expense.

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
I know how to make one, but I don't have the time (we do work you know!) or the tools as I am in school, that means no knives, axe's, saws or anything remotley sharp................I'm slightly offended that you think i'm that much of a moron :(

plus th only place inbounds with trees is my housemasters garden.....and I don't think he's appreciate me lopping down anything!!

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
:lmao:
I know how to make one, but I don't have the time (we do work you know!) or the tools as I am in school, that means no knives, axe's, saws or anything remotley sharp................I'm slightly offended that you think i'm that much of a moron :(

plus th only place inbounds with trees is my housemasters garden.....and I don't think he's appreciate me lopping down anything!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Appologies if I offended you!:lmao:
I didn't grasp the practicalities of your situation.:tapedshut

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
:lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Appologies if I offended you!:lmao:
I didn't grasp the practicalities of your situation.:tapedshut

no worries! if someone doesn't find one soon, looks like my house master is going to be hearing the creak of that hazell tree falling to the ground that i've had my eye on!!!

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
I have a drill (hazel) and baseboard (lime) and bearing block (holly) you can have, you will just just need to get a bit of wood for the bow and of course some cord!

The baseboard is used but has enough wood free to make two or three more drillings.

PM your addy and ill get it off to you

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE