Viyella Shirts available.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I remember reading that some members have a real hankering for Viyella shirts but due to there rarity are very hard to find, The price is High. Remembering that Orvis do some mega sales on old lines/colours etc it maybe worth keeping an eye on the sales section during the spring/summer.

I noticed this in one of the new Orvis catalogues and thought I would post it here for interest. Maybe it's on a X-mas wish list for someone who will be very happy this year :)

Enjoy

http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product_choice.asp?pf_id=72CR&dir_id=&group_id=&cat_id=&subcat_id=

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The original Vyella was a wool/cotton blend. Now it is just brushed cotton and over priced IMHO.
The old blend is next to impossible to find now.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
If you can find me an original one size XL in green or fawn I will walk all the way to your door to collect it:D
Thanks for the thought though!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Lovely stuff, though the rarer linen/ wool (non Kosher) mix stuff was even better.
I've got some of both and if I thought I could get away with pretty white with blue and pink flowers when I'm out I'd be wearing it :eek:

cheers,
M

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The old stuff was brilliant fabric - the new stuff is not a patch on it realy. And what a price!:eek:
If you do ever find some plain green or fawn (I look a prat in any kind of bright or patterned fabric - some say I look a prat anyway but it is worse if I wear patterned or coloured fabric:rolleyes: ) 50/50ish wool/cotton or silk/wool (Mmmmmm:) ) at a reasonable price, I would welcome a heads up.
Many thanks
John

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Silk/ wool I can get now, 45/55 % mix, 54" wide, about £5 a metre.......not sure about the weave though, it's a bit huckabuck sort of.

Have you tried Bernie the Bolt ? He sells wool and linen to the re-enactor crowd and he carries not only a vast range but really good plain colours too.
He might know where to put his hands on just that sort of stuff.

cheers,
M

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Silk/ wool I can get now, 45/55 % mix, 54" wide, about £5 a metre.......not sure about the weave though, it's a bit huckabuck sort of.

Have you tried Bernie the Bolt ? He sells wool and linen to the re-enactor crowd and he carries not only a vast range but really good plain colours too.
He might know where to put his hands on just that sort of stuff.

cheers,
M

Any chance of a link or address?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE