Vintage Monitor 17b Pressure Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I bought this a little while back, serviced it and have been using it fairly regularly for my canoe trips through the summer, a real piece of traditional camp kit.
I think it must be between 50 and 60 years old, possibly older but made when " British Made" still meant high quality.

PA090008.jpg

Here are all the component parts;tank,burner tube, spirit preheater,flame spreader, pot supports,
spanner,jet cleaner and two piece windshiled, complete with it's original tin with instructions pasted inside the lid.

It builds up into a cracking little "touring" stove, the sort of thing that cyclists and walkers used to carry
PA090010.jpg

PA090013.jpg

The three legs on the tank fold underneath for storage

It boils about a pint and a half of water in about 6 minutes or so outside, although it boils a lot quicker when fully shielded from breezes!
PA090024.jpg

when your done, you wait a few minutes for it to cool, take it to bits and pack it back in its tin;
PA090039.jpg

The tin is about 6" long by 4.5" wide and 3.25" high. the tank is 4" across, so its a compact little unit with really good heating power

As I say, I serviced it when I got it, replacing all washers seals and the pump leather, so it's a fully functioning and tested piece of kit, rather than an ornament or collectors piece.

That said, give it a polish up and you can stick it on a shelf or in a cabinet if you want.

You'll need a small bottle for meths and of course paraffin for fuel and that's it.

take a look on ebay and see what they go for ( untested-for display purposes only!)

I'm asking for £50 plus £6 post and packing

I'll accept paypal if you pay the fee's, otherwise its a cheque or postal order please.

thanks for looking

all the best

Steve

Last edited:

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
They are nice stoves and (IMHO) a lot better then a lot of newer stoves.
This is one of those stoves I often reach for to take somewhere to brew up.
I would be interested if I didn't already have four of them! lol
Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE