very o/t

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
can anyone tell me what £750,000 in 1980 is the equivalent in 2014?

google didn't help me,it's not for anything important,just looking for the equivalent value.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Toddy not just kicked it into the stratosphere she just applied the special move of "Scottish fiscal head butt" to this problem, and I am still waiting for the Banker (Investments) to get back to me.... Toddy once again my Lady I bow to your skill :)

To add to the Meme density for the younger folk:

Toddy attacked Finace with Scottish fiscal head butt, AND IS WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:eek: :eek:

Well, it's really just how much can you buy ? or what did it buy then and how much would it cost to buy it now ?

:D

atb,
Mary

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Seriously though; it must be lifestyle dependant, and that's such an individual thing that any comparison like this must be pretty much subjective.

I do know that compared to my household spending when my sons were little, it's a blooming sight cheaper now for an awful lot of things.
I paid more for their school uniforms twenty+ years ago than the same ones cost now....Clark's, M&S, etc., just High Street, not specially made for the school, I mean.
Kind of surprising.
There's a tremendous amount more choice available than in 1980 and an incredible amount of more choice than in 1960.

Tam ? why did you want to know ?

atb,
M

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Look eiter way there is 7 didiets in the number, I would be happy with a 4 didget number right now, either way that's a hell of a lot of money.

Hell I have a order right now I need to fill with my new business (larger than I expected) and the deposit plus my front money is struggling to cover it (SAT PHONES) I am gona make a killing from the deal but I need to find £54.89 in my personal budget I can pass up tomorrow.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Thanks for the answer,

Well Mary,i did say o/t but you'll know what i'm talking about when i say it was Sorry Watsons balance in 'Take the high road'.
I'm watching its rerun on stv news channel and loving it.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE