Ventile and pattern sources

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

trakker409

Aug 5, 2004
Alabama, USA
Can anyone tell me where I might find a source for GOOD ventile material? Though I've never used ventile I believe a good windproof, water resistant outer garment like this would be nice when the temps. aren't cold enough for my Swannie Bush Shirt, especially during early season hunting. I refuse to pay the current prices for this stuff just so I can have "all the right gear."

I'm also looking for a place to purchase patterns for these types of outer garments.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Ventile is not the most hardwearing material and you may find thorns etc making holes in it while scrabbling through bushes while hunting. It can also tear quite easily and becoms quite stiff when wet..... its also very expensive if you want GOOD ventile and not seconds, www.pointnorth.co.uk sell it for £26.50/meter :yikes: seconds are a little cheaper (mainly colour faults) but order an extra meter to be sure you have enough GOOD ventile.

:)
Ed

trakker409

Aug 5, 2004
Alabama, USA
I get the impression that ventile may not be the fabric of choice for a lightweight outer garment that is both windproof and water resistant. Maybe I should try something else. I did find some nice patterns though. Thanks guys.

Rhoda

Nomad
May 2, 2004
Cornwall
www.worldwild.co.uk
Kurt, my other half is making a jacket similar to what you have in mind, if it turns out well I'll post the pattern for it. Does anyone know where we can source waterproof (but not shiny) tough (but not too thick), camoflage fabric? All the suppliers we've found seem to want you to buy huge amounts as a minimum order!!

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Patterns I'd recommend www.questoutfitters.com cheaper to order 3 from them and have them shipped from the states than 1 would have been in the UK. Really helpful and friendly as well.
Ventile, I bought seconds from Pointsnorth and I havn't found the fault. Talbots Weaving (no connection to me) make the stuff and also sell direct in retail quantities both 1st and 2nd quality.
Cheers
david

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Rhoda... that link to www.pointnorth.co.uk I posted might sort you out. They have teflon coated dpm cotton. It should shed water pretty well and be very hard wearing ;-)

You can always give them a ring, I'm sure they can accomadate you and kurt somehow..... minimum order is 1 square meter ;-) and they'll send you a sample for free if you ask nicely

:)
Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE