Using the loaf

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
IMG_6741.jpeg

Using a Zebra pot as a bread oven is nothing new, I’m pretty certain that it’s been done in a Kelly Hobo before.

However:
Hobo (and a set of pot grippers) provides an opportunity to solve the top browning issue:
IMG_6740.jpeg
IMG_6742.jpeg

What?
Oh eiy!
I’ll let you know come lunch time :)

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Bit more salt next time. It’s good open textured bread.

I burning birch and pine so after I’d solved the top browning I had to solve the finger blackening before I could eat.

I’m trying to do these four days without resorting to my knife just to see how much I really need it.

I can report that spreading butter with an LMF Spork is the most challenging task thus far.

• Haha
Reactions: Macaroon and Toddy

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
……. or I can just wash my hands and rub the pans with a fold of long grass :)

I’m not using big branches or the usual fire logs. I get those but I cut them up to about 30mm before I start out. If I were foraging firewood I’d still split it to 30mm section with a little hatchet.
I do take some of the bark off before I start and use it to light the Kettle. I also cut my 30mm firewood into approximately 12mm square lengths using secateurs. It’s the perfect size for the stove and much of the bark comes off and can be saved.

I’m well on into day three and I’m guessing I’ve burned the equivalent of three average log quarters. Dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow will probably take me to just over one whole 225mm domestic fuel log. It’s a good system.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE