Typical

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
After a month of eating nothing but game, I had some nice simple well cooked fish and the next morning I couldn't keep anything down and the world was falling out of my bottom. Maybe it was too bland.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
where did the fish come from ?

could be the answer to your woes

on the brighter side......................it will pass :rolmao:

hope ya feel better soon mate

Tant

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
Tescos, to be fair I can't be sure it was the fish. I could have picked something up anywhere, just couldn't keep anything down the next morning and by the afternoon the direction of peristalsis had reversed even if the ferocity hadn't.
Ah well, the parrot appreciated getting to spend a whole day out of the cage.

Are there any OTC antiemetics?

Realgar

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Realgar said:
Tescos, to be fair I can't be sure it was the fish. I could have picked something up anywhere, just couldn't keep anything down the next morning and by the afternoon the direction of peristalsis had reversed even if the ferocity hadn't.
Ah well, the parrot appreciated getting to spend a whole day out of the cage.

Are there any OTC antiemetics?

Realgar

Nasty mate. Hope you feel well soon. It's what happens when I eat oysters which is a crying shame because they are superb in Normandy and cheap too when I go there :cry:

OTC?

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Are antiemetics anti-vomit medications?

Unlucky mate, i absolutely hate that feeling. Was about this time a few years ago tht i contracted gastroenteritis (sp). Not nice at all.

Hope you feel well soon.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
BTW it is important to re-hydrate yourself after all the fluid loss. Something like Cera Lyte Rehydration product or make your own glucose drink. Also worth building up the natural bacteria in your gut with natural yoghurt and also boosting vitamins which may also have been depleted.

Ginger is good (perhaps easier to carry in oil form) and also good for travel /motion sickness.

The best suggestion I heard was to eat Jelly babies for seas sickness. IT does not cure it but replaces the sugars and tatses good coming back up :lol:

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Realgar said:
After a month of eating nothing but game, I had some nice simple well cooked fish and the next morning I couldn't keep anything down and the world was falling out of my bottom. Maybe it was too bland.

Hi mate,
just went through the same hell for 3 days now and got it stopped finally.
I was dehydrating quickly and did a simple test to check it, when I pulled up my skin on my hand it stayed up for a short while but on my left hand it snapped fast back.
1. Take Dimor --Loperamid
2. Drink a lot 2.5 liter the more the better I was drinking coke to get some sugar
3. I was eating salted sticks (don't know what they are in english) they give you salt

Now I feel much better, the Loperamid is great I only had to take 2 tablets and the show was stopped.

hope you are out of it soon
yours
Abbe

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
they still sell Kaolin and Morphine i think

old fashioned and ick but hey it works

I almost got arrested one day in greece trying to buy a replacement for it, as i took the empty bottle into the pharmacy

He sold me kaolin and pectin instead and agreed not to call the police

as for vomiting, i dont really try and stop it

lots of fluid, and if it is sweet it helps

try avoiding tapwater and using bottled water for a bit too, a sensitive tum can react violently to hard or salty water when yesterday it was tolerating it just fine

boiling the fizz out of lemonade is an old trick to settle kids tums for this very reason

Tant

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Just remembered. The thing we have always done in our family is drunk lucozade when something like this happens. It doesn't taste disgusting when it comes back up and is full of sugar. Also hydrates you some what....

I find water is disgusting when you got a stomach problem, as it is foul if your sick again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE