Two plants - one I think I know - the other.......

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Okay - in the never ending quest for Red to tell a dandelion from an orchid, here are a couple of plants from todays bimble. The first I just can't get find at all, the other I think I have identified but would be grateful for confirmation

Number 1 - the leaves of this plant always reminds me of a chrysanthemum. It has not flowered yet so that doesn't help me with an ID. It stands about 18" high and has a very narrow and upright habit. I have seen it in several locations so I assume its not an "escapee"

558083585_300d9569df.jpg

The second was a new one on me but I think its common centaury?

558163037_d79516da88_o.jpg

Any help, as always, appreciated....

Red

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi Red,
I also agree with the second plant - common centaury. The first is eerily familiar but I can't quite place it, I think it's part of the carrot family ( :offtopic: strangely Sea-holly,Aniseed and Hemlock are also carrot relations. :werd: )

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hi Red,
I also agree with the second plant - common centaury. The first is eerily familiar but I can't quite place it, I think it's part of the carrot family ( :offtopic: strangely Sea-holly,Aniseed and Hemlock are also carrot relations. :werd: )

I saw the plant when last over at Reds and it is familiar to me, but cannot remember it...I am fairly sure it is not carrot family though, but I may be proved wrong....
Red, you could try this site to find it, but don't hold your breath..
http://www.botanicalkeys.co.uk/flora/content/SEARCH.ASP

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'll have a go at that Jon thanks - Mugwort has been suggested, but the ones I've seen seem to have wider and more closely spaced leaves than the illustrations. When it flowers though, it might shoot up and look more like it....

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE