Two person hammock-is there such a thing?

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Evening folks,

Is there such a thing ? Not refering to the garden type. Just enquiring as me an swmbo would like one . Or if there isn't one, has anyone tried two hammocks from the same trees ?
Weather permittin we hope to try this at weekend. Cheers

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
3 trees are better than 2 but it is possible, never tried it me sen but I've seen pics of it done over on HF

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Cheers gents, had a look. And its given me some ideas . I can see them cling-ons coming in handy tarp wise. Will wander off to look for that eno nah. Cheers :thumbup:

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
Eno double nest looks good, perhaps a potential group buy if someone can get them to ship by dhl rather than usps (£2. 50 customs fee vs £7 with Royal mail)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Terr

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2010
Scotland
My Mrs has just purchased an Eno Doublenest.

Yes it's larger than a regular hammock and 2 people can chill out in one and be comfortable but it's not really possible to sleep comfortably in it for any longer than a couple of hours unless 1 half of the party is alright with having their legs over the other person while the latter lies diagonal.

I hear from others on the hammock forums that if you find 2 wider trees you can hang 2 hammocks side by side simply by adjusting the suspension off to one side rather than down the middle. Jeff over at 'To the Woods' has a little picture:

20070128MtRogers-3.JPG

Perhaps his explanation (towards the bottom of the page) is a little better than mine.

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
I had success with two hammocks under the same tarp set next to each other, either side of a thick tree. :)

I can't imagine a double hammock would be very nice, just as your getting comfortable the other half might fidget, swing and sway the whole hammock, and wake you up!

Last edited:

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Regarding comfort an fidgitting etc....depends on how well you both sleep closely at home. Once we get snug I reckon we would sleep aswell as anyone. Only one way to find aht;) cheers for all the input. Appreciated :thumbup:

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
Regarding comfort an fidgitting etc....depends on how well you both sleep closely at home.

I'm the warm blooded one with the comments..... 'you're toooo hot, move over a bit!' as I hug the cold wall at the side of the bed. Plus I'm the fidgetter.... Really, it's me who is the darned right pain, not my girlfriend! Although, in the winter months I did wonder if I'd appreciate that extra body heat! My back did get rather chilly in January!

Although, despite the winter chill I was very satisfied when she came back from her first night out, in a hammock, in January(!) and told everyone that it 'Wasn't actually that bad, I quite enjoyed it!'.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE