Trying to source a Sheath for a Martindale No2 Golock (unsuccesfully)

May 20, 2010
Mirfield
Hi all - I used to have an issue No2 Golock, and lent it to an army mate, but he lost it. I recently decided to buy another one, but he new issue ones are short - short enough to fit in a bayonet frog!
They're just not as good for clearing the litle branches of fir trees on footpaths round camp areas.
I can buy a new no2 type golock from people who stock martindale, like hennie haines, but I can't find a PLCE type sheath for it, only inferior canvas ones - does anyone have one they'd like to sell, or know where I can get one?
please emal me at goghiniharo at gmail dot com if you can help, cheers.
Alex

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
Shandy, Johnsons of Leeds sell 2nd hand Goloks with a machete sheath for £20. The blades need A LOT of TLC to get back to something normal (20 odd years of squaddie (mis) use). The machete sheath is an MOD PLCE sheath with belt loop and its own attached belt, like the resperator pouch set up. Although the golok is loose in the sheath, it does have a strap to secure the handle.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
The short ones you mention are just fakes, not real issue. Simply churned out by the likes of webtex. As far as i'm aware, the no. 2 is still the issue item.

The PLCE sheath is a good bit of kit, but fasten the retaining starp through a wrist loop on the machete for more security.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE