tracking books

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
could someone recomend a decent book about tracking? SWMBO is doing a project on the local fauna at her college, and could do with a decent field guide or two for reference. she's got a couple from the college library (i don't know titles and authors, sorry) but they seem to cover all of northern europe, so tend to be a little bit light on detail when it comes to individual species, whilst at the same time covering all sorts of animals that are completely irrelevant to the area (there's not much beaver in derby:rolleyes:).
ideally what she's looking for is something that concentrates on british predators (the project's focus is predators) with a breakdown by species i.e. this is a fox, this is where a fox lives, this is what fox print looks like etc.
any recomendations?

thanks in advance

stuart

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
they both look interesting, do you have/would you recomend either of them?

stuart

Hi Stuart,yes i have both books and have both helped me a lot, with the latter some good artwork,however to some it is better to learn by looking at actual photos.There are other books on that site too which look good,but i do not have them.

Daz

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Hi Stuart,yes i have both books and have both helped me a lot, with the latter some good artwork,however to some it is better to learn by looking at actual photos.There are other books on that site too which look good,but i do not have them.

Daz

thanks for that daz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE