Tool Roll

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I wanted to make a simple storage solution for my small carving chisels, not wanting a box or bag as such, i thought about a tool roll and rather than make it from heavy cloth or canvas i decided to make it from some pig leather i have here.

The majority of the pockets are one inch wide and about four inches deep and perfect for the chisels it was designed for, a couple of the pockets are a tad bigger to incorporate larger tools or measures should i want to include them in the future, the entire thing is double stitched with artifical sinew with a few rivets at the corners for effect.

There is a double thickness of leather where the flap folds over to protect the leather from the cutting edges on the tools, closure of the roll is by a simple leather cord wrap.

DSCF9548.jpg

DSCF9546.jpg

DSCF9540.jpg

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
That's lush, I'd love something like that for my straight razors. Is it all hand stitched? I'm going to nip up to Tandy this week in search of some pig skin now. Thanks for the inspiration!

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Very nice mate.

I've got something similar that I use for cooking utensils on canoe trips. It was originally intended for bonsai tools, but that was about three hobbies ago:rolleyes:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
That's lush, I'd love something like that for my straight razors. Is it all hand stitched? I'm going to nip up to Tandy this week in search of some pig skin now. Thanks for the inspiration!

Yep, it's hand stitched in it's entirety

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Very nice mate.

I've got something similar that I use for cooking utensils on canoe trips. It was originally intended for bonsai tools, but that was about three hobbies ago:rolleyes:

lol, i have stuff like that laying around the place, i rediscovered some of my old model aircraft and helicopter engines up in the loft a few weeks back, even found the original build plans for my P-51 Mustang as well, must admit, im quite tempted to build another one at some point, still have my radio gear here as well.

almac

Forager
Oct 13, 2010
Okanagan, BC CANADA
i like it.
i was thinking of making something like that for my leatherworking tools & stamps, with a small pouch on one end for snaps and such.
well done.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE