Toilet duck or Toilet Brush

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Lets be havin it. Do you Brush or do you pour chemicals doon the Cludgy to remove unwanted skidderos...??

I'm a Toilet roll type of guy. I do use bleach on occasion but usually only after my son and his friends have visited and left more skid marks than a 777 landing at Heathrow.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Bleach is a huge no no if you have a septic tank like us.

I am far from convinced that the modern addiction to disinfectants is either necessary or desireable

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Bleach is a huge no no if you have a septic tank like us.

I am far from convinced that the modern addiction to disinfectants is either necessary or desireable

Couldn't have put it better myself - kill the bugs in your septic tank and you're in for a very undesirable time!

Ogri the trog

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Take a walk around a water treatment plant you'll sharp stop worrying about a cup full of bleach! But I get what you mean. And FYI, generally a brush man

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
On a management course one of our number gave us a tour of the sewage works where he was some sort of under manager. He nonchalantly lifted out some of the "cinder" blocks to show us the red worms therein and spoke of its sterility by that stage of the process. Much laughter when we were eating doughnuts later as he suddenly looked panic stricken and plaintively asked what hand he had used to lift out the wormy item.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I get guilty pangs when i pour bleach/chemicals down the pan or sink. We eventually have to drink it. just wondering if i'm the only one who feels this way. ;)

Ahh, I do not like polluting either, but we are ok as long as it goes by a sewage farm. Like all consumerism, like that thread the other day mentioning kitchem gadgets. Special soap for toilet, others for floors, rice cookers, tortilla keepers I saw the other day as they get cold while your making them, plasticbags, disposable cloths. It's all adding to the cluttering up of the environment in the same vei. It's the age of quantity and not quality, which is a shame.

No reason why a toilet once flushed would need bleach, it's not like you need to perform surgery on it. And a lot of the power of scents is to mask bad things, not make them clean. Be wary of overly scented things!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10218003

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
A brush. What really bothers me is the amount of raw, untreated sewage that is poured into the sea. There are several thousand sewer outfalls around our coast, many of them in major tourist and swimming areas. They are supposed to be used only in exceptional circumstances but many of them are used darned near every time it rains. Surfers Against Sewage have an interesting phone app that will send an alert when outfalls that you select are operating and it's really quite horrible to learn just how often we are swimming in sewage on some beaches.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE