Today I became one of those people..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice find :)

Just give it a good scrub :D Fairy Liquid and the kitchen green scourer thing.

If you really want it clean use something like Pink Stuff or Astonish paste. It'll come up looking brand new :)

I'm seeing a dribble down from the base of the spout....is it just from iron-y water or leaking tea ?

Reactions: Dan00001

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
Thank you,

I'm not sure what the dribble is from, the thing is made of aluminium. I guess the majority of the pot will be easy to clean. The spout might be a bit more difficult.

Not sure what's been in it, but there's no nasty smells, in fact no smell at all. I'm guessing just tea.

I don't yet know what I will use it for but I just know that one day it will come in handy.

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
These were also with it. Again, don't know what I will use them for, I already have 2 milk pitchers for my espresso machine.

Am I turning into my grandad or would others have taken these home with them? :lmao:

Reactions: Toddy

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I’d have taken them and stuck them in a drawer for a year or so. One or two items might have come in handy by then. Sometime after that they could well go into the metal skip at the Recycle Center where they’d be melted down or who knows, I might meet someone who wanted them.

I’m about to take a couple of cheap non stick pans, some frying pans and enamel plates down there next week. Will you be there?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thank you,

I'm not sure what the dribble is from, the thing is made of aluminium. I guess the majority of the pot will be easy to clean. The spout might be a bit more difficult.

Not sure what's been in it, but there's no nasty smells, in fact no smell at all. I'm guessing just tea.

I don't yet know what I will use it for but I just know that one day it will come in handy.

It looks like the kind of teapot that the Women's Guild use when they've a lot of folks to serve. Handy when you need it.
Might be from one of those tea/breakfast burger vans ? that would explain the matching jugs/sugars too.

I used one when camping with a big group. Fill it up with water and sit it near enough the fire and it catches radiant heat really well. Quickest brew up bar the kelly kettle :) but great for hot water for dishes, or a scrub up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE