Titanium spork sale at Gander Mtn

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
They do have a misprint policy, here.

I recently returned to Field & Trek in Piccadilly to pay them £19 which they'd under charged me.

I spotted the error later that night when I filed the receipt, and when I returned and said that I'd come in to pay the £19, but did not want the cashier to get into trouble, they were astounded!

Whilst I enjoy getting a bargain, I don't like those with whom I trade to lose out.

jimfbte

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2005
Hawaii, US
stuckinthewoods.info
I guess the $2.99 for the Gander Mountain Titanium Spork is valid as I received order confirmation for the ten I ordered and notice that it has been shipped.

Perhaps someone in the U.S. would be willing to purchase and re-ship them to the U.K or elsewhere if sufficient interest is there? You would need to check the post rate for small packets to Europe.

I cannot do this because although shipping to the continental U.S. is free, Gander charges a $14.95 rate to ship to Hawaii. So I had mine shipped to a friend in Nevada and will have him trans-ship it to me. A bit of a bother, but doable.

If another U.S. member can handle this, it may be worth the while. Any volunteers?

Cheers.

Jim FBtE

Oblio13

Settler
Sep 24, 2008
New Hampshire
oblio13.blogspot.com
Got mine today. I was a little apprehensive because the company, Light My Fire, also makes some absolute junk, like "Maya Dust" fire starter.

Ate two meals with it, though, and it's a good piece of kit. It's not as comfortable to hold as normal silverware, of course, but it gets the job done.

I usually carry a big lexan spoon for camping, but I've had them melt more than once, so this will be an improvement.

I still can't decide if titanium sporks are an ostentation or not. Let's face it, the amount of weight saved is miniscule. But for $3, what's not to like?

My daughter just finished a "wilderness emergency medical technician" course and is all hopped-up to go camping, so the first one gifted out will go to her.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE