Things to take jillwalking

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Hillwalking. Im half asleep

And yes, when Im awake i do have a pretty good idea, just wondering on your input

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Good footwear, Foul weather gear, spares of hats gloves etc. Map,Compass, bothy bag or emergencey shelter. FAK, whistle, Torch of some kind, food and Water. Mobile fone in case!!! Good route plan with escape routes. Oh and it might be an idea to leave a route card with someone.

I am pretty sure you will already know most off it anyway Tengu where ever you go and what ever you do enjoy it have a good one.

Andy

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Make sure she has good footwear, and is dressed so she is neither cold nor hot (i.e. adjustable). Unless you want to make sure she never intrudes on your hill solitude again.

Apart from that a canteen or thermos, something to eat, perhaps a small chunk of foam pad to sit on, the usual safety items (FAK, map+compass, cell phone, etc). Lend her a comfortable day pack.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Big red socks pulled up over your trousers, a pair of the latest titanium and carbon fibre walking poles and lots of high-tech synthetic clothing. Or am I just being cynical?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, and the next question is.

How dio I avoid walking too far or too often? Its not me whos the keen walker.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE