Thermarest NeoAir Mini Pump

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
So in January, when last I was in the woods, I purchased a little electric pump for my NeoAir mat. I did think that the one I previously had was up in the loft in with the christmas decorations or thrown away by accident.

Today, my son found the lost one (annoyingly easily) in with his toys so I now have two. Same as this:

http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co...58/mat-accessories-c60/neoair-mini-pump-p1805

If anyone wants to buy it for £23 all in, let me know. It was used just once at home to test inflate a mat.

This will not inflate a regular thermarest, only the NeoAir ones.

All the best,
Joseph.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've looked at these a few times, how many "inflates" would you get from a pair of AAA's? It's the NeoAir short i have

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Well, on the replacement I purchased, I inflated my Xtherm L 6 times and got bored of deflating it. I don't know what the manufacturer recommends as the battery life and I haven't owned mine long enough to really tell. I have to say though that even if it only got three inflates, it's still better than mucking about with the god awful stuff sack method.

It got my mat to the point there it needed one puff to get it hard like I like, it shifts a lot of air volume but obviously doesn't have loads of pressure.

I guess I like it enough to buy a second one when I thought the first one was lost but I really wish the thing had a deflate setting! Lovely and small and light though... I even used the newer one to blow a half dead fire to a furnace in driving rain... beats flapping a hat!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
At 58g plus a pair of lithiums it's no great burden, sometimes it's hard to muster up enough lung power to fill my little Neoair

And it's gone, I bet it was that octagon bloke :)

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
It is often better to divert the time and energy you would have spent inflating a mat to the consumption of a good beer.

A friend of mine offered to buy it, dunno who the octagon guy is i'm afraid.

Still, if you have thought about getting one, I can definitely recommend them... light, good quality, well supported by Cascade designs and multi function when fire lighting. If one is on a potential shopping list, do it :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE