The Wordsworth Guide to Edible Plants and Animals

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
HERE
Synopsis
This text is a survey of the vast and varied ways that different cultures have cooked, or overlooked, the culinary delights that surround them. It explores the nutritive, medicinal and cultural significance of foods, as well as indicating which parts of each plant or animal are edible.
Spotted this one in the local secondhand bookstore and as it was only two quid I thought I would give it a go.

Well, its certainly got a lot in it, on the animals front it goes from Aardvarks and Antelope through Chimpanzees and Bats to Worms Woodcocks and Yaks with just about everything in between.
Its like something Monty Burns would have and its creases me up reading its listing.

I won't even bother listing what its got in the plants but suffice to say its quite comprehensive in its content.
It tells you who has consumed these through history and gives a brief overview of their other uses.

Its not advocating their consumption in all cases, just listing whats possible to eat and who has historically eaten it, an interesting read and well worth the just under three quid that it's on sale for (including postage) on Amazon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE