The ultimate tricky tree competition!!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Over the last couple of days we have had a bit of fun with tree recognition competitions. I would like to propose a slightly new twist if I might. I'll put up ten tree photos. The first person to correctly identify all 10 will win a prize made by me. You can enter as many times as you like. However for each entry I would like you to make a donation to charity.

How much? Your choice

Which charity? Your choice

If you can't decide then I will make a suggestion - one of my chosen causes is "Shelter". Why? Well, several reasons.

1) We talk about shelter building - well, just perhaps we could build a bit of one that lasts

2) We have just passed Remembrance Sunday. Have a look at the proportion of homeless that are ex-servicemen sometime. Sad.

3) As some of you know, been there, done that. No complaints - I'm big and ugly. But I feel for kids and the vulnerable faced with that. Forget "Gentlemen of the Road" - as a life, its "nasty, brutal and short".

However, your own choices will be personal to you and equally as valid. I won't know if you have donated - but I trust you all so if you tell me you have given, thats good enough for me.

I'll publish a link to Shelter, if you enter and want to publish a link at the bottom of your entry to your chosen charity - that would be excellent!

I haven't done a competiton for a while so as the nights draw in, I think we are due one

Oh the rules are:

1. First correct entry on the thread wins

2. No "scores" e.g. 9/10 will be given - its 100% and a prize or "wrong" ;)

3. The prize will consist of your choice of a complete batch of dehydrator jerky (ask Spamel or Matt for a taste report),or a handmade 2lb batch of soap - we'll design a personal recipe for you, or 3 different handmade batches of sweets.

4. I'm happy to give the answers to Tony up front if anyone wants an umpire ;)

There is, of course, a twist.

You only get a picture of the bark of the tree :lmao:

I hope this doesn't break any forum rules - just thought it was time for another competition!

Does anyone fancy this?

Red

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Would you tell us in advance when you are going to start the competition? E.g. so that it is at a time when we can dedicate some time to looking at it (e.g. 10am on Saturday morning or something like that). Despite my frolics the other day, I don't think I'd get away with tryng to solve 10 trees during working hours.

Geoff :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Okay - later today it will go on (to save Goeff his job ;))

I doubt very much that anyone will get it in 24 hours - but if they do I'll do another one over a weekend!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE