The Revenenant

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
New move coming out in 2015, based on the life of legendary frontiersman and 19th century trapper Hugh Glass, who was mauled by a bear and left for dead by his fellow compatriots, as there were indians tracking them in the area, intent on killing them.

[I remember an older version done in the seventies, I think it was starring peter o toole, and john ford was in it, or was it peckinpah, or some of those wildly politically incorrect loveable rogues..but i cannot remember the title at the moment.]

New Movie has a stelar cast as well, dicaprio to play hugh glass, tom hardy etc.

Could well be my favorite film of 2015!

_1422053279.jpg

Hugh Glass

hqdefault.jpg

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Was that the one with the silly boat they were dragging overland? passably good in places. Jeremiah Johnson was better.

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
I'm really looking forward to this. I've never seen Leo do badly even in movies I didn't think much of.

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
New move coming out in 2015, based on the life of legendary frontiersman and 19th century trapper Hugh Glass, who was mauled by a bear and left for dead by his fellow compatriots, as there were indians tracking them in the area, intent on killing them.

Awesome! I'd seen that trailer and wanted to find out more about the story behind it!
What a story! I'm sure the film will be epic!

Where can I find some information about the kit that these scouts carried with them?

I regularly see posts to do with frontiersmen and their equipment, but I was wondering if anyone can point me to a good online resource...

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Not sure about online, but you could do a lot worse than get hold of Carl Russel's book 'Firearms,Traps and Tools of the Mountain Men'.

Best.
C.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE