the-outdoor.co.uk and amounts of material

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

thed

Sep 5, 2005
Way Down South
Hi All,

After the recent posts about woolen blankets jackets i've decided id like one. the-outdoor.co.uk have got Grade 2 100% woolen blankets for £3.00 listed on there new grade two website(link below) along with some other bits and bob's. Just wondering if anyone had any experence with them, i've tried emailing them which bounces which doesn't fair well in my mind for an internet based company. Anyone have anything good back to report about them.

Also thinking of making a Ventile water/windproof and would 3 meters be reckoned to be enough, im a lanky 6'2" about 38-40" chest.

Thanks for any help.

thed

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ishop/1069/shopscr72.html

thed

Sep 5, 2005
Way Down South
Blankets are £3 each I wanted three, hence £9. and the postage came to £3.99.

Bit over the top i must admit, dont think i'll get the material cheaper eles where though.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Oh, that seems OK. I thought they had a flat rate of £7-£10 something like that, which restricted buying small or singular items. I expect a few blankets will weigh a fair bit, so that seems very reasonable.

Grade 2 postage is cheaper! I've just checked: £3.99 for one blanket on the link you posted - £7.50 at the-outdoor.co.uk/.

P Wren

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
Kent,Surrey Borders
the-outdoor.co.uk

All the usual disclaimers apply - I don't work for them never have, blah blah blah but I've found them to be absolutely fab suppliers of Kit .

Iv'e bought a lot of kit off them over the years.

Genuine SAS surplus smock/trousers/ field jacket from them £50 (grade 1)
DPM SAS windproof (NEW) £55
Nomad Hammock was around £ 19
Yoke for Bergen Side Pockets (New £12)

Bought a pair of desert boots but when I got home one had a tear in the canvas -repairable but not what I paid for you understand - they replaced the pair of boots and let me keep the first pair - two sets of boots for the price of one.

Friendly helpful and great service.

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
Used them only the other day. Ordered 2 s95 smocks to cannibalize for buttons and drawcords for a ventile project. came to 15 quid in all for the 2. And they were there within 2 days...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE