The knife I won

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
In FGYTs post count competition I was the lucky winner of one of his blades, plus liners, pins etc
This is what I did with it....
FGYTknifeinolivewood.jpg

FGYTknifewitholivewoodhandle.jpg

The blade is a cracker - takes and holds a razor edge and will be a regular user. It can be worn on a belt in either of 2 hights or as a neck knife on a thong through the D-ring.

After a bit of begging he also sent me some black liner material so that I could handle another knife I had ready, in the same style...
CasstromknifeinOlivewoodwithdoubledanglersheath.jpg

Casstromknifewithsheathandfirestick.jpg

part of small "olivewood collection" FGYTs knife, one under review - a blank from Casstrom - and a Joker folder - also under review :)
The wood came from a charity shop cheeseboard, the black liners from FGYT, the small knife and its pins and tube from FGYT, the brass for the other knife and the sheaths from my own stock The leather is 3mm wet-moulded veg tan made into double-danglers and the sparkstick one I got on a group buy here.

TheOlivewoodcollectionandsheathes.jpg

theolivewoodcollection.jpg

Cheers to FGYTfor picking my name out of the hat and for sending me the extra liners!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am struggling with photobucket ...visit the Joker website (its in Spanish...) the knife is number 74.... sorry - I am ignorant of how to post links...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The probs I am having more or less result from my PC being carp and my internet connection being worse!
The blades are all carbon and the two full tang knives have their rough rolled finish left intact - all are patinated with malt vinegar.
Stainless blades are soul-less, patination gives a knife character and helps avoid rust problems.
See the Joker at www.joker.es page 70 in the catalogue.
I have mine from www.Casstrom.co.uk for review ...and I am loving it as an EDC!

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
...sorry - I am ignorant of how to post links...

Like everything else, it's easy when you know how. :) It's also a lot easier to do than it is to describe, but here goes...

Just above the text box where you're typing your message, there are some little 'icons' or symbols. Counting from the left on the row of symbols on the "Quick Reply" text box, I see at about the sixth icon along a little blue disc with something like a label (that I can hardly see let alone read) at its bottom right. If you hover your mouse pointer over this icon you should see the words "Insert Link" appear. The same icon appears on the "Advanced" text box but it's in a different place. The icon is supposed to represent the planet I suppose.

First position the cursor where you want your link to go in your post, then click the blue icon. A box appears. In the box it says "http://" which is how links tend to start. I always delete that because I've previously copied the link to a clipboard or something and I don't need it.

You can either type the link in the box by hand and click "OK" or you can just drop the link in there with your mouse if you've previously picked it up (and then click "OK").

When you click "OK" the link is placed into your text box automatically. It looks like nothing on Earth but don't worry about that.

Note that the link address is placed in the post twice. One copy is the link itself and the other is the text that will appear as the clickable bit of text in your post, and that bit is (well, should be) highlighted in blue just after you click "OK". That's so that you can replace it with some words that actually mean something to a human instead of all that gobbledygook.

To save a link address before starting all this, you can probably right-click it and then left-click "copy location" or something -- it depends on your system how that's done.

Have a go!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE