The inaugural voyage of the Princess of the Dawn - my wood SUP (with flute playing)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
It is a very beautiful place your favourite lake, your vid makes me want to get on my river right now but i have an outing planned for the whole of tomorrow so i am conserving my limbs.

Susanne sorry to be a kit bore but can i just plug you for a bit of info regarding wetsuits?

I am using a 3mm neoprene shortie style and i have been wearing a lycra wicking base layer underneath as a rash protection layer, do you use this layer setup?

New board is a beauty, since i started kayaking i can not shake the idea that i want to make my own wooden kayak from scratch. I will be testing my new Tahiti Plus toimorrow

It is a very beautiful place your favourite lake, your vid makes me want to get on my river right now but i have an outing planned for the whole of tomorrow so i am conserving my limbs.

Susanne sorry to be a kit bore but can i just plug you for a bit of info regarding wetsuits?

I am using a 3mm neoprene shortie style and i have been wearing a lycra wicking base layer underneath as a rash protection layer, do you use this layer setup?

New board is a beauty, since i started kayaking i can not shake the idea that i want to make my own wooden kayak from scratch. I will be testing my new Tahiti Plus toimorrow

Oooh do make sure to tell us about your outing. :) Pictures! Video!

I don't actually use a rash guard but if I did I would use purely a thin lycra skin.

You must do wood. :)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I want to make my own wooden boat from scratch, need to up my woodskills though as at the
moment i am just an amature whittler. My next boat will be a Dagger freestyle whitewater kayak to use in the surf at the ocean.

Plans got changed sadly into a cycle ride as the water level in the river was only 16cm, we will be heading up to a local reservoir sometime this week with the Intex explorer and the tahiti plus to get some paddle practice in and some nature in the eyes, our local reservoir is declared an area of outstanding natural beauty by the ordnance survey mapping organisation so it should make for some good media

Did you get a chance to watch my first kayak vid?

I have been using my cycling lycra base layers as a rash guard, no rash so it must work or i am not prone to rashing under wet neoprene

I want to make my own wooden boat from scratch, need to up my woodskills though as at the
moment i am just an amature whittler. My next boat will be a Dagger freestyle whitewater kayak to use in the surf at the ocean.

Plans got changed sadly into a cycle ride as the water level in the river was only 16cm, we will be heading up to a local reservoir sometime this week with the Intex explorer and the tahiti plus to get some paddle practice in and some nature in the eyes, our local reservoir is declared an area of outstanding natural beauty by the ordnance survey mapping organisation so it should make for some good media

Did you get a chance to watch my first kayak vid?

I have been using my cycling lycra base layers as a rash guard, no rash so it must work or i am not prone to rashing under wet neoprene

Awesome kayak vid!!!

I wish I had the woodwork skills to make my own wooden SUP. Wow... or wooden canoe... Oooooh such beauty.

Hehe I have both an Intex and a Tahiti plus. Awesome things. Brilliant...

(Sorry it took me so long to respond to this thread. Been away a bit on hex-ped-dixtions....)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I can relate to that, my internet use is almost nothing these days compared to this time last year due to all my outdoor activities, even when stuck home i am outdoors doing a lot of local hillwalking to increase stamina

I have since made my first kayak

11298-1407541489-968fae20ad592c8c1715f975f6381ab8.jpg

paddled in it too

11305-1407541511-32d1baf29f2bc26d2556d39216a0b84c.jpg

i'm in the planning stages of making an all wooden version, still on the drawing board at the minute but the skills learnt when making this one were inspiring

I can relate to that, my internet use is almost nothing these days compared to this time last year due to all my outdoor activities, even when stuck home i am outdoors doing a lot of local hillwalking to increase stamina

I have since made my first kayak

11298-1407541489-968fae20ad592c8c1715f975f6381ab8.jpg

paddled in it too

11305-1407541511-32d1baf29f2bc26d2556d39216a0b84c.jpg

i'm in the planning stages of making an all wooden version, still on the drawing board at the minute but the skills learnt when making this one were inspiring

Wow I like it.

Tarp kayaks rock completely!

Nice to see you in the pic too.

Coolness....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE