The End of the Road

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I got out, for once. My work days are unpredictable and seldom match up. But I had three in a row.

(And I cannot add pictures; Broadband in the Iron Age is seldom compliant. But I will do when its feeling livley)

So I went to Mallaig.

(My intention was to get to Skye, but I found out you have to pre book with the car; Skye is apparently overrated and very busy this time of year. My limited experience (12 years ago) was not interesting).

I found a nice place to camp by Loch Morar. Convenient to car (still not very mobile and I will admit the trip strained me a bit), and with own beach (and midges). What is not to like?

Morar is very pretty and has islands. Its also remote. Its begging for a boat. (Has anyone been there)?

Mallaig is the end of the road and the railway and the beginning of the ferry.

Its mostly harbour with lots of harbour action.

Also good for seafood.

I went on the 1 hour wildlife boat trip but there are also trips to the Small Isles (they particularly advertise Canna, which has a cafe and no shops, so Canna goers are recognisable by their masses of groceries) and Knoydart (Not an island but might as well be).

I like Mallaig and will go again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE