The BBC - Have your say (and some fun)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I noticed today the BBC Trust is asking for feedback. Lots of opportunity to ask for more of your favourite presenters (Ruth), pan programmes that have become travesties (Countryfile) and make ...pointed...observations
On BBC4

BBC4, is it so named because it only shows four programmes a day? If so, would you kindly rename it BBC0?

On suggestions for the BBC3 team

Take a revolver and do the decent thing.

You can find the consultation link here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/

Direct link

https://consultations.external.bbc.co.uk/bbc/bbc_one_two_three_four/consultation/view
Have fun!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
My positive suggestion was to ask them to do "more proper rural TV" - so find the new Jack Hargreaves!

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
My positive suggestion was to ask them to do "more proper rural TV" - so find the new Jack Hargreaves!

It all comes down to the ratings in the end. That's why country file and the like become travesties. Jack Hargreaves was a wonderful presenter, with a wonderful show. It just
wouldn't be sexy enough, or dumbed down enough these days.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm not convinced - Victorian Farm gets good figures (so the bygone stuff is covered), River Cottage got good figures.....etc. I think theres a place for it

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I don't watch TV, rarely listen to the radio but I read the BBC News website quite a lot and I often make comments and suggestions to the BBC via their Website 'feedback' facilities.

All in all, the effort I've put into doing that has been a complete waste of time.

That comment about the BBC3 team and the revolver should be extended to include BBC science reporters.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If you look at the overall cost of the beeb license fee, around 50p/75c a day its still fantastic value for money. What would I like to see from auntie in the future? more quality programmes (as they still produce) which may not always find favour with some here are none the less quality productions.

I seem to remember Jack Hargreaves being discussed here six or seven years ago when he was put up as a bit of a 'Del Boy', not quite the font of outdoor knowledge his TV persona projected? Mattered not to me whether true or false, I still enjoyed the entertainment.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE