THe Art of Hand Sewing Leather

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
I have acquired a duplicate of the Art of Hand Sewing Leather by Al Stohlman its is brand new. Available for £10 including postage and paypal fees
Chas

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Hi Chas, am interested, but could you give me a brief overview of the contents please, eg does it include projects etc, or is it just to show how to saddle stitch?

Thanks

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Hi Andyn
it does some projects making a box, a cup and belt, but it is mainly using the projects to fully illustrate most of the sewing techniques you use in hand leather work, and problem solving. This basically gets you started and gives you a taster of what you can achieve. After the leatherworking workshop on last years summer bushmoot this is the book they recommended to get you started. THe main one that has the information on making sheaths, boxes etc is The Art of Making Leather Cases Volume One but it does assume you have a knowledge of stitching leather. I hope this helps
Chas

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Hiya Chas, thanks for that, possibly a little basic in terms of content, was hoping it had a bit more detail. Think ill look out for the other book you mention.

Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE