Thank you Mr Plumber!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Due to commitments to perform in Panto and going away for Xmas Last night (mon) was my only opportunity to get out in the woods for the whole of December. So Monday was planned as a day mooching and doing a bit of spoonage with tues being a mooching and foraging day.
Well - we got a blocked pipe in our plumbing and I had to stay in all Mon morning while the plumber fixed it :(
But I did get up into the woods in time to pitch my hammock and gather some firewood before dark! :) No time for spoonage though :(
But it was a long evening and I had a good book to read as well as a very nice Mutton Stew for dinner :)
After a comfortable night I awoke to a lightly frosted morning and just as I got the coffee on I had a phone call from my wife....
One of the new joints in the plumbing was leaking and the plumber would be back some time today (tues) to fix it!
So after breakfast in the woods I hauled it all down and returned home where I now sit looking at a perfect woods day from indoors while I wait for the plumber!
It is a good thing he does not charge much!
My new DIY hammock
001.jpg
New sheath for my Condor Kephart .... a bit more "Mountain Man"

002.jpg003.jpg
My new Billy can - an enamelled sugar container and coat hanger :)
004.jpg
Home sweet home
006.jpg008.jpg
Breaking in the billy can010.jpg
Suitable reading - I never get tired of this read :)014.jpg

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Best laid plans of mice and men, at least you managed to get out, how did the new Billy work out, I only ask because I was looking at something similar just the other day.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Never mind John - of you finish early you could come over here and help muck spreading - that should round the day off :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Best laid plans of mice and men, at least you managed to get out, how did the new Billy work out, I only ask because I was looking at something similar just the other day.

It worked just fine!
I can never understand why folks but bright new SS billies from camping shops ... charity shops rule for me :)
I paid £1 for the pot and the coat hanger was free - 10 mins work and kaboom - a 2l billie

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
It worked just fine!
I can never understand why folks but bright new SS billies from camping shops ... charity shops rule for me :)
I paid £1 for the pot and the coat hanger was free - 10 mins work and kaboom - a 2l billie

Shiney shiney lol good to hear the new pot works :)

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
We plumbers are renowned for deliberately leaving leaking joints so we have to go back and fix them...;)

I had one do that to me last week, I had changed the MDs Fathers taps and a few other bits and pieces as well, a good hour had past from doing the taps until I left, six hours later they found a small puddle under the wash basin... Next day I had to go back and adjust the pipework again. No fun when, "A" it is the MDs Fathers house and "B" it is a 40mile trip to go back and then over 70miles in the other direction to the next job...:(

With you on costs of kit though John... To much kit is pricey "just because", plenty of usable kit around for cheaper.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I have tried hammocking soo! Many times and my record is 4 hours, but i am going to try your cheaper alternative to the warbonnet, i shall also be stealing the charity shop cooking pot, and pretending it is my idea, but all that plumbing nonsense, is yours.

Glad you got out.

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE