Tenerife advice needed please

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Evening all, SWMBO in her wisdom wants to go to Tenerife next March, can anyone recommend a town / place near the southern end ? looking for an apartment near the town centre but easy walking of a beach / front / harbour, close enough to walk to bars, cafes, shops but not close enough to be noisey at night.

any help would be great as i've never been there and i'm confused !

Cheers

Robbi

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
We stayed at Callao Salvaje last year and going back there in June. Lovely place and easy enough to access some lovely walks up on the hills of Teide. Some photos on my face book page if you want a look (naturescraft andynoble)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
We got robbed at knife point there about ten years ago Robbi, a friend got done over in exactly the same place last year.

If you end up anywhere near Los Christianos just watch your back down at the promonade after dark.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
While working on a ship I`ve been docked in Santa Cruz for some weeks. I took the opportunity to take my diving-license in Los Christianos. That was a friendly town in the south and judged by the fair amount of british tourists I encountered there it must be fairly easy to find an ok appartment. The beaches there are nice but the ground in the sea is rocky and sharp. I am not too familiar in Los Christianos though, as I stayed in Santa Cruz.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm not saying it's rife with it but it does go on, you just need to keep an eye out as you walk past the closed cafes and restaurants, the scrotes seem to lurk in the shadows down there.

I got put in an arm loch from behind and then a Rambo style knife stuck in my throat, there wasn't much I could do against five of them and besides we'd spent up so they only got a couple of pesetas.

Apart from that happening on the third day of a two week trip, we had a good time otherwise. The jeep safari was a great day out

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
We got robbed at knife point there about ten years ago Robbi, a friend got done over in exactly the same place last year.

If you end up anywhere near Los Christianos just watch your back down at the promonade after dark.

I think I must be a slow typer. I started on my post before this one was there. I haven`t been in Los Christianos in the evening/nighttime. Maybe not a good place to go after all. Then again: i`m afraid you might find these things happen in many other places as well.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
You can get robbed anywhere.

I use http://www.alpharooms.com/ for my little getaways, search room only and you will get stacks of offers. The accommodation usually has links to trip advisor reviews. Just had a quick look, apartments start at about £100 a week and up.

I can't reccomend anywhere as Gran Canaria is my favourite island to be honest.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE