Tatonka billy cans

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I have a 1.0L Tatonka kettle, am pondering getting a 1.6L as well. Can anyone tell me how well they nest together?

Thanks

J

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
I've just found that the 1.6L fits very neatly into a knock-off of a trangia cooker I got for £4.00.

I can take a measurement of the 1.6L which may help with determining this.

The 1.6L fits OK into the next size up we have (4L I think).

The 1.0L nested inside the 1.6L has been my, two person/ base camp set up for years now - I've never looked to change it. You can even bake bread/ bannock in the smaller, using the larger as an oven. The lid of the 1.6L makes for a better frying pan - at least for bacon and eggs for one (for two - fry the bacon in the 1.6L lid and the eggs in the 1.0L lid)

I would advise anyone to get the two together - and in the event of the zombie apocalypse, I would take these two over my lightweight solo gear! My 1.0L takes an alcohol burner, a small bottle of fuel and stacks of brew kit, and this nests inside the 1.6L, which also contains a flatpack woodburner/ windshield and cleaning kit...

...I could wax lyrical about these pots for hours - they are go to items, but for the sake of boredom avoidance, I'll just say - buy them. You will be happy.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
...I could wax lyrical about these pots for hours - they are go to items, but for the sake of boredom avoidance, I'll just say - buy them. You will be happy.

I already have the 1.0L, which is ideal for just me. Will get the 1.6L to go with it come payday.

Cheers

J

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I already have the 1.0L, which is ideal for just me. Will get the 1.6L to go with it come payday.

Cheers

J

One of my first posts on here was mentioning that i couldn't find a 1.6ltr tatonka pot in stock anywhere.
bout half a hour later you pm'd me with a link......that was well over a year ago now, don't time fly

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE